Reach Your Potential is a California non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals with mobility limitations acquire advanced assistive technologies through self-driven fundraising campaigns. RYP meets all of the requirements and has been approved for 501(c)(3) status with the Internal Revenue Service.
Disabled Americans face challenges that transcend human rights. But advances in technology can enable the severely disabled with new mobility products that improve their health and increase their independence. Unfortunately, significant obstacles remain before we can achieve our singular objective of ensuring that everyone who needs and wants an assistive mobility device can obtain these life-changing products.
Many of these products are not covered by insurance, placing the burden of acquiring these important devices squarely on the backs of the disabled and their families. These individuals already experience medical and care costs that often run in the millions of dollars over their lifetimes, placing these revolutionary advances far beyond their reach.
- We are focused exclusively on providing assistive devices to individuals living with mobility limitations.
- 100% of donations made by check go directly to acquire the desired device for the individual for whom the funds are being raised. For donations made with a credit card, we deduct only what the credit card companies charge us for processing.
- There are no administrative fees or salaries paid to our volunteer staff or board.
- We provide a framework for individuals to run their own campaigns, with assistance in developing their pages, press releases, and content, but do not run the campaigns for the individuals.
- We negotiate with manufacturers to get discounts on the medical devices desired by the individuals who have established campaigns.
- Although certain manufacturers may place time limits on the discounts they provide, there are no arbitrary time limits on our campaigns. We recommend that campaigns be run for no longer than six months, but the individuals running each campaign make that decision.
Your donation to the campaign of your choice will help that individual live a more rewarding, independent, and meaningful life.
Reach Your Potential assists physically challenged individuals in experiencing more independent, fulfilling, and meaningful lives by helping them secure funds to acquire medical equipment not covered by Medicare, Medicaid, or private insurance.
Reach Your Potential shall not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, genetic information or characteristics, present or predicted disability or medical condition, veteran status, military obligations, marital or domestic partner status, primary language, immigration status, or citizenship in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, employee hiring and employment practices; selection and management of volunteers; selection and engagement of vendors and contractors; membership recruitment; provision of services; and dealings with the general public.
This Policy was endorsed and approved by the Reach Your Potential Board of Directors on September 6, 2016.
To receive a copy of RYP’s complete Nondiscrimination Policy, please contact us.